|Dumpling Soup made with pinto beans|
- Two 14 oz cans pigeon peas or pinto beans**
- 2 lbs all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs ham, diced (traditional meat used is salt beef)
- 2 lbs spare ribs (ask your butcher to cube them for you)
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 medium white sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 plantains, sliced (medium ripe)
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Hot Pepper (optional)
- Scald ham and spare ribs for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse of all residue and place in large pot filled with water.
- Cook until meat is tender, adding water when needed. (Don’t allow the water to dry out).
- Combine flour and water to make dough for the dumplings. Knead until smooth.
- Roll the dough out and cut into strips (you may also hand-roll as I always do).
- Add all remaining ingredients and dumplings. Season according to desired taste.
- Cook for about 15 – 20 minutes or until soup has reached desired consistency.
|Dumpling Soup made with pigeon peas|