Quickie Cinnamon Buns


The other day I was in the mood for cinnamon buns, just not in the mood for the time-consuming process of kneading, waiting for the dough to rise and then repeating the process. So, I decided to take a major shortcut (using baking powder instead of yeast). I’m guessing my family could not tell the difference because the buns were all gone within minutes of the photo-shoot, lol!!




Ingredients
Buns:
  • 2 – 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ¼ cup milk
  • 2 tbsp baking powder

Filling:
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 oz (box) raisins
  • Ground cinnamon

Glaze:
  • ½ cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
  • 2 tbsp vanilla yogurt


Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine sifted flour and baking powder along with sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl.
  3. Add milk until a stiff dough begins to form.
  4. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
  5. Roll into a 12 x 14 rectangle (using a rolling pin).
  6. Spread the surface of the dough with butter leaving about an inch at the edges.
  7. Sprinkle with cinnamon and raisins.
  8. Roll the dough length-wise like a jelly roll, pinch seam and both ends.
  9. Use a sharp knife to cut into 1 inch slices (about 12 buns).
  10. Arrange buns onto lightly greased baking sheet.
  11. Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
  12. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before drizzling with glaze. Garnish with strawberry filling (optional).


To make the glaze:
Combine confectioners’ sugar and yogurt (if the mixture is too stiff, just add a bit more yogurt until desired consistency is achieved).

5 comments:

  1. Hi my sweet sister in Christ Jesus! My family just loves cinnamon buns especially my oldest son! I need to cook this recipe with him! God bless and have a beautiful weekend my sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a delicious sweet recipe... my kids would love me if I made this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total agree that waiting for bread to raise can be quite time consuming. You are brilliant baking these quickie buns to fix sweet craving instantly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is very nice. Everything is design in well manner. I am finding this type of information from long time.
    Mumbai Call Girls
    Call Girls in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete