If you’re looking for a one-pot, hearty meal, then you must try my turkey kielbasa and veggie rice.
- One package turkey kielbasa
- 2 cups white rice
- 14 oz can kernel corn
- 14 oz can sweet peas & carrots
- 14 oz can pigeon peas (optional)
- ½ cup tomato paste/ tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet pepper, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil to medium pot (hard-bottom).
- Slice kielbasa and place in pot, allow to brown (on medium heat).
- Add onion and sweet pepper and stir for about a minute.
- Stir in tomato paste/sauce followed by peas, carrots and corn.
- Add water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then add rice.
- Reduce heat (medium-low) and cover pot.
- Allow to cook for about 20 minutes, be sure to test the rice to ensure that it’s cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy.