- Pour oil in medium pot (hard bottom) or frying pan and set on medium-high heat.
- While the pot is heating wash, peel and slice potatoes about ½ inch thick.
- Cut into strips (whatever size you choose).
- When the pot is hot (about 350 degrees), fry your potatoes until they are golden brown – for me it took approximately six minutes. Do not overcrowd the pot.
- Place on paper towels or in a colander to allow excess oil to drain off.
- Lightly salt while still hot (optional) and dot with ketchup (optional).
- Serve and enjoy.
French Fries and Drumsticks
Sometimes when you’re scratching your head wandering what’s for lunch or dinner, the answer is right under your nose, or in this case, right on your kitchen counter, or wherever it is you store your potatoes. On the menu today: french fries, laced with ketchup and they go great with those chicken drumsticks I did earlier. The kids are in dog heaven right now☺
My chicken drumsticks were seasoned with salt, black pepper and garlic powder. I lightly coated them with flour before frying for about 4 minutes on each side. To make sure my chicken was cooked all the way through, I placed them in a 350 degrees oven for an additional fifteen minutes. Bear in mind that “Old Betsy” doesn't cook as fast as she used to, so your oven may require less time.