Here in the islands we love us some fried fish. I prefer not to coat my fish with flour, but that’s just a personal preference.
- 1 or 2 lbs pound fish fillets or whole fish
- Vegetable oil
- Onion powder
- Season fish and refrigerate overnight or at least for a few hours.
- Pour oil in skillet (about midway) and heat to 375°.
- Fry fish for about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove to a platter lined with hand towels.
- You may squeeze some fresh lemon/lime on your fish before eating.
Makes about 4 – 6 servings