- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2/3 cup butter
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In small saucepan, combine sugar, water, and butter; bring just to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add semisweet chocolate chips and vanilla; stir until chocolate melts.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to large bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to chocolate batter.
- Blend in chopped nuts.
- Spread into greased 13" x 9" pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
Serving Size: 40