Happy Sunday everyone!! Enjoy this easy pepper steak recipe for your Sunday dinner :)
- 2 lb beef steak,cut in strips
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 green bell peppers, cut in strips
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in strips
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup canned tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
- ¼ cup water
- Heat oil in a skillet or wok.
- Add beef strips and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Sauté beef, stirring occasionally until browned.
- Remove meat from pan.
- Add onions and peppers, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Return meat along with tomatoes or tomato sauce and bouillon.
- Simmer for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch, water, soy sauce, sugar & salt, add to meat mixture to thicken, stirring constantly.
- Cook 2 additional minutes.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.