This is a very simple onion rings recipe that requires very few ingredients and very little time.
Here's what you will need for a small batch:
- 1 medium onion
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2-4 tbsp evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Cut onions into ¼ inch slices
- Make batter by combining egg, cream and gradually add flour. Beat until smooth.
- Pour panko crumbs into a shallow dish
- Place a few onion rings in the batter.
- Allow excess batter to drain off.
- Coat with the panko bread crumbs.
- Fry onion rings for about two minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining onion rings