Believe it or not folks, this is my first time ever making candied yams, and no, they are not just for Thanksgiving☺
Seeing that they are just for my husband and me, I prepared a small pan. You could adjust the quantities if you so desire. This dish is super easy, yet scrumptious!!
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed (2 – 3 cups)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- Place potatoes in a pot of water and partially cook (about 5 minutes)
- Drain potatoes and assemble in a greased baking pan
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on medium heat until it begins to thicken.
- Cover potatoes with mixture and bake for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are done.