As a mom of two I find it necessary to create meals that are easy to prepare, yet satisfying to both kids and adults alike. I came up with this recipe after being inspired by a pasta lunch I purchased from the deli at one of our local supermarkets.
- 16 oz box spaghetti
- 2 – 3 lbs ground beef
- 3 cups good pasta sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) whole kernel corn
- Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions (ensure that water is adequately salted before adding spaghetti).
- Season ground beef (salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powders) and cook thoroughly in a non-stick or lightly greased skillet. I must emphasize that the meat must be thoroughly cooked
- Add sauce to ground beef/turkey and mix well.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add beef mixture, then the corn and combine. Allow the flavors to infuse for a few minutes before serving.
Serves 6 – 8
Tip: Ground Turkey could be used for an even healthier meal