Bahamians can’t resist a good potato salad. This easy to prepare side-dish is a Sunday Dinner favorite.
- 4 cups potatoes (peeled, cubed and cooked)
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 1 small finely diced bell pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- After cooking allow potatoes to cool.
- Combine potatoes and all ingredients, do not over-mix.
- Refrigerate for several hours ahead of serving time.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce (optional).
- You may choose to sprinkle paprika on your salad or garnish as desired.
- Take care to not over-cook the potatoes, remember, this is potato salad and not mashed potatoes.
- If your salad is too dry, add a bit more mayo.