While cooking this I discovered that beef stew is really not the rocket science some people make it out to be.
- 2 lbs stew beef
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 1 small green bell pepper (sliced)
- 2 cups beef/vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Season beef with salt, black pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powders.
- Dredge beef in flour
- Heat oil in large pot/skillet and brown the beef
- Add stock, water and sugar. Cook on low heat for about 1½ hours.
- Add vegetables and cook for an additional 30 – 40 minutes.