So, here’s how it went down: I slaved over a hot oven for hours roasting a juicy chicken, only to notice that my family wasn’t beating a path to the kitchen to get to it. Well, alright then!!! Well, I learned that day if life hands you a chicken, then make chicken salad☺
Here’s my simple recipe:
- 1 whole roasted chicken, diced (or 4 cups diced chicken)
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 medium boiled eggs, diced (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Combine chicken and diced veggies in a large mixing bowl, add diced eggs (optional).
- Mix in the mayo, add the salt, pepper and lemon juice until desired taste is achieved.
- Serve salad on a bed of lettuce, refrigerate unused portion.
Note: As an even healthier alternative, plain, low fat yogurt may substitute for the mayo.