Cupcakes, who doesn't love em? Everyone gets to have their own without having to share; an idea kids seem to love. My kids love for cupcakes seem to surpass that of the traditional cake even though they're made with the same batter.
|☺I made these for my baby's 8th birthday☺|
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter/margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter or margarine until fluffy.
- Add eggs to the mixture and beat on medium speed until fully blended. Be sure to scrape side of bowl with a spatula.
- Add milk and vanilla, followed by dry ingredients (add gradually). Scrape bowl again. Beat on high speed until well mixed.
- Spoon cupcake batter into paper liners until 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before frosting.
- Softened butter/margarine
- Cream butter and gradually add sifted sugar
- Add milk depending on your desired consistency. For firm frosting use very little milk.
- Spoon frosting into piping bag with desired tip already inserted and decorate as desired.
I made my very own sugar sprinkles by adding a few teaspoons of sugar to a bowl and squeezing a few drops of food coloring to the sugar, mix to evenly distribute, then allow to dry for a few hours.