Monday 5 December 2011

Eggnog

Our very first assignment is a pretty simple recipe - eggnog. Don't mind it's simplicity though, this drink packs a powerful punch in the taste department.

So here I was experimenting with eggnog for the first time ever, but could barely get through the process because my family just couldn’t wait. They were in and out of the kitchen trying to sample the goods. As a matter of fact, my husband managed to down half a glass of the stuff before it was able to make it to the photo shoot!!   


Anywho, I admonish you to have a go at this fun little project.

Here is what I used to make 4 (mini) glasses:
  •  1 cup whipping cream
  • 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
  • 14 oz can evaporated milk (or 2 cups whole milk)
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • ½ tsp nutmeg

Directions:

  1. Beat egg yolks and condensed milk together in a mixing bowl
  2. With the exception of the egg whites combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan on low heat, stir constantly. Bring to boil slowly.
  3. Whisk milk mixture into egg yolks a small bit at a time until the eggs are tempered (you could wind up with scrambled eggs if you pour it all in at once).
  4. Add egg whites and beat with mixer on medium speed until mixture is nice and frothy.
  5. Garnish with a few sprinkles of cinnamon and refrigerate.

 Gone in sixty seconds!!!
  
Tip: If you prefer your eggnog a little less sweet, use the condensed milk bit by bit until your desired sweetness is achieved.



Foods containing raw eggs should not be consumed by young children or the elderly.

4 comments:

  1. I am here from the hop and when I saw your blog title I was thrilled. However I am to the bottom of the page now and there is no chocolate. This is a sin! :) Glas I found you!

    littlecrunchy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol!! I agree, but this is a very new blog. I hope to add something with chocolate soon...esp for you :) Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really , really wanted to try making homemade eggnog this year. I love eggnog even if my hips and thighs do not; LOL But this recipe is one I WILL do for Christmas. Thank you for sharing this God bless and Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our hips and thighs don't seem to like a lot of the stuff that we do, lol!!

    ReplyDelete