Friday 23 December 2011

Roasted Turkey Drumsticks


Okay, I am in no mood for baking a whole turkey this year, so instead I purchased a few ‘gigantic’ drumsticks almost the size of the brontosaurus that Fred Flintstones normally had for dinner, lol!!  The good thing is my family is very small and the drumstick is their favorite part, talk about win, win!!

I seasoned them with salt, black pepper, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder, but forgot to splash some lemon juice on them. They were placed in the oven pronto and baked for about 3 hours.

I allowed them to rest (covered with foil) before slicing, or should I say carving, and smothering with gravy.


Easy Turkey Gravy


Ingredients:
  • 5 cups turkey stock
  • ¼ cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon ground black pepper 



Directions:
  1. Bring the turkey stock to a boil in a medium saucepan.
  2. Dissolve flour in water in a small bowl.
  3. Gradually whisk into the turkey stock.
  4. Season with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
  5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened. 


No comments:

Post a Comment