You may use any meat of your choice, such as: chicken, turkey, oysters, etc. or you could go meatless. Diced apples and carrots could also be added to really jazz this dish up.
- 4 slices bread, lightly toasted and cubed
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ cup sausage, diced
- Place a skillet on medium heat; add butter and sauté onion and celery.
- Combine all ingredients a mixing bowl, be sure to add the wet ingredients gradually so that the bread is moist and not mushy.
- Place in a greased baking pan and bake covered for about 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 5 – 10 minutes to allow stuffing to brown.
Serves 2 (yep, just my hubby and me, the kids didn't seem too interested, lol!!)