Let’s begin the New Year with something really simple. Here’s my recipe for easy banana bread. One loaf was definitely not enough; this was gone way too soon ☺
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add sugar, vegetable oil then stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition.
- Lastly stir in the mashed bananas and nuts and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.