Nothing beats a batch of homemade cookies. The aroma they give off throughout the entire house just warms the heart. My hubby and kids scarfed these down so quickly; I was left with only the tiny center ball to sample.
I reduced the sugar from one cup to half a cup because of the frosting; you don’t want them too sweet. Have fun!!!
- 3½ cups flour
- ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine flour baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and then add vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out into desired shapes and place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Remove from cookie sheets and allow to cool before frosting.
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- food coloring
- Combine first three ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk if mixture is too stiff
- Add a few drops of food coloring until desired shade is achieved.
- Use a knife to spread frosting on cookies.
- Arrange on platter and dust with confectioners’ sugar (optional)