When it comes to feeding a crowd you can’t go wrong with meatballs. These tasty finger foods are always a hit at parties and other social events. I chose ground turkey instead of beef because of its low fat content. This recipe is quite simple, but the taste is outstanding.
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey
- 2 cups (Italian) Breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Season ground turkey with salt, black pepper, garlic and onion powders.
- Add breadcrumbs and eggs and blend well. Don’t overmix or you could end up with ‘turkey dip’
- Scoop and shape ground turkey into meatballs (use a regular kitchen teaspoon for scooping).
- Arrange meatballs on greased cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degrees preheated oven for 30 – 40 minutes or until well browned.
- Coat with sauce and serve.
(Makes 35 – 40 meatballs)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds then coat meatballs.