Ever heard of Conch Salad?! If you’re in the mood for something light and refreshing, yet appealing to the palate, then you have to try our super healthy conch salad. No trip to the Bahamas is complete unless you’ve had our “official salad.”
This dish is highly sought after and is a favorite among visitors to our shores. Could it be for its dynamic flavor, lean protein and rich iron and calcium content? Orrrrrr…..could it be because conch is said to be an aphrodisiac??!!
Anyhoo, for those interested, here is how it’s made:
- 4 – 6 skinned conchs
- 2 freshly squeeze limes/lemons
- 1 freshly squeezed orange
- 1 diced ripe tomato
- 1 diced small onion
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- Salt and hot pepper to taste (hot pepper is optional)
- Clean conch thoroughly with salt and water, rinse well (you may also use lime or lemon juice in the cleaning process).
- Cut conch into small cubes
- In mixing bowl, combine conch with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and let the conch and vegetables marinate in refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Mix, serve and enjoy.