Okay, so my first attempt at this dish (several months ago), ended up in the garbage, lol!! In my defense I would like to say that scalloped potatoes are not regularly consume here in the islands. Nevertheless, I decided to give it another go and the end result was simply amazing. My hubby and I couldn’t get enough of these.
- 6 medium red potatoes cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 slice Kraft American cheese
- ¾ cup cream of chicken soup
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling, lightly salted water until tender.
- Drain potatoes and line in a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish.
- In a saucepan combine the remaining ingredients and stir over medium heat until the cheese has melted. (Be sure to leave about ½ cup of grated cheese to sprinkle on potatoes before baking).
- Pour cheese mixture over potatoes until fully covered.Sprinkle remaining grated cheese over the potatoes and bake until potatoes are cooked through and the top begins to brown.