Here’s a recipe for cheese danish that you simply must try. I promise you won’t be disappointed and may probably never purchase one from the store again. Trust me, they are far superior in taste!!!
- 8 oz room temp cream cheese
- 4 tbsp vanilla yogurt
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 sheets thawed puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg for egg wash
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl and mix until creamy.
- Unfold puff pastry and roll on a lightly floured counter (be sure to put a bit of flour on the rolling pin and the pastry). Roll pastry to desired size and cut each one into four squares.
- Place a tablespoon of cream cheese filling in the center of each square.
- Brush the edges of the squares with the egg wash and fold two corners diagonally. Place danish on baking sheet and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Before baking, brush the top of each danish with eggwash. Bake in a 350 degrees preheated oven for about half an hour or until puffed and golden brown.
- Allow filling to cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy.