This is another first for me. Remember, everything doesn't have to be an exact science. I had a blast with this dish, my husband asked for seconds. Enjoy!!
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (cut into medium chunks)
- ½ green sweet pepper
- ½ onion
- 8 oz can of pineapple chunks (drain & preserve juice)
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup orange juice
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Juice from pineapple chunks
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Season chicken and allow to marinate for about an hour
- Heat a skillet with about 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Brown chicken pieces on both sides, but do not allow to cook thoroughly
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside
- Add sweet pepper & onion to skillet and sauté for about 2 minutes
- Add chicken, pineapple chunks and sauce and combine well.
- Simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve over white rice
Combine ketchup, pineapple juice, vinegar and sugar in a medium bowl. Do a taste test to see if desired result is achieved.