Thursday 12 April 2012

Tropical Fruit Salad



Since it has been feeling pretty much like summer almost year-round (at least where I’m from), I’ve been prompted to make this tropical fruit salad. Healthy, delicious and refreshing, what more could you ask for?

There’s no need to be specific with the ingredients, unless of course, you’re on a restricted diet. Use whatever fruit you like, you can’t go wrong here.  You may use more or less sugar depending on the sweetness/tartness of your fruit.





My ingredients consisted of: 
  • Watermelon (cubed)
  • Cantaloupe (cubed)
  • Mango (cubed)
  • Red grapes (halved)
  • White grapes (halved)
  • Juice from two oranges
  • 2 tbsp sugar








I combined all of the above ingredients in a large mixing bowl. For the vanity shot, I carved out half of a small watermelon and cantaloupe and filled them with my fruit mixture. Where’s the easy button, lol!!

7 comments:

  1. Mmmm... looks good. I think a trip to the store is in order for me. :-)
    Stopping by from the Finding New Friends blog hop. Following you now!
    Feel free to stop by any of my web based homes anytime- I'd love to become "web friends"!
    ~SortaSuperMom'
    http://www.confessionsfromboystown.com/
    https://twitter.com/#!/SortaSuperMom
    https://www.facebook.com/sortasupermom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber, thank you so much. So glad to meet you :)

      Delete
  2. Sister of Mine! You are always making something DELICIOUS on your blog! I seriously need to be over your house for dinner! Have a Beautiful weekend sis, God bless you and your family:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, beloved!! It would be great to have you over for dinner, lol!! Blessings to you and the family :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! Beautiful pictures. Your recipes sound so yummy!! Love your blog so far. I look forward to reading more of your older posts and future ones as well. I'm not the cook you are, but I think I might have to try a few of these! :) Found you today via the blog hop. Glad I did!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy, so happy to meet you, will follow back. BTW, you could be just as good a cook as as anyone out there, don't ever doubt that :)

      Delete
  4. Oh I love this ... it looks so fresh and light :-)

    ReplyDelete