I was just dying to try my hand at one of these: introducing my broccoli frittata with a bit of ham and lots of cheese, of course. This was super easy! So easy; in fact, your kids could make this. As for the taste - not bad, not bad at all.
Here’s how I made my frittata:
- 6 medium eggs
- 1 cup cooked broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup cooked diced ham
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- ½ green pepper (diced)
- ½ onion (diced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add about 2 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet and sauté green pepper and onion over medium-low heat.
- In the meantime, break eggs in a medium bowl, add salt & pepper. Beat lightly (do not over beat).
- Add cream, parmesan and cheddar cheese and mix.
- Add in the sautéed vegetables along with broccoli and ham. Combine well.
- Pour mixture in a lightly greased standard pie pan.
- Bake until the entire frittata is firm/set. (Normally, once the middle is done, then you’re good to go).
Remember, when you’re dealing with eggs, you want to ensure that it is cooked thoroughly before consuming. Enjoy y’all☺