These are pancakes just the way my mama use to make ‘em – with no baking powder whatsoever. That’s what I call old-fashioned pancakes. Did I mention that no pancake syrup is allowed?
My kids can’t seem to get enough of these tasty treats. I made them for breakfast one rainy morning and couldn’t help but get that warm, fuzzy feeling.
Measurements don’t have to be exact here, for a small batch you will need:
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup water
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients one at a time and mix well.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat with about ½ cup vegetable oil.
- Scoop a large tablespoon full of pancake batter and drop in frying pan.
- Cook until each side is golden brown
- Drain on paper towels.
- Enjoy with eggs and sausages, yum!!
|In the frying pan :)|