OMG!! I’m so excited, I’ve finally made soft, pillowy dinner rolls. My secret – three packets of yeast, yep, that’s right, three packets, lol!! For those of you who think this is a bit much, feel free to follow the recipe that calls for just one packet. But truth be told, when I make my rolls I have to triple the ingredients. You must appreciate that food disappears at a rapid pace in my house and with these rolls being such a hit, they didn’t stand a chance.
- 4 cup flour
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Place flour in a bowl along with salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl dissolve yeast to warm milk.
- Add sugar, eggs, butter and mix well.
- Add flour gradually, mix until a soft, sticky dough forms.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface until smooth. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and allow to rise until it has doubled in size.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic.
- Allow the dough to rest ten minutes.
- Divide dough into twelve equal parts.
- Roll each part in the palm of your hands until round.
- Place the rolls in a greased pan (allow them to touch)
- Cover and place in a warm place for another ten minutes.
- Brush with egg wash and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.