This apple danish is by far the simplest dessert I’ve ever made. It is a quick fix for a sweet tooth and best of all it requires only 3 – 4 ingredients that's probably sitting in your cupboard or pantry. The end result – deliciousness!!
- 2 sheets thawed puff pastry
- 1 can apple pie filling (Comstock preferably)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 beaten egg (for egg wash)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour pie filling into a bowl, add cinnamon and stir.
- Unfold one puff pastry sheet and roll on a lightly floured counter (be sure to put a bit of flour on the rolling pin and the pastry). Roll pastry to desired size and cut each one into four squares.
- Repeat with the other pastry sheet.
- Place a tablespoon of pie filling in the center of each square.
- Brush the edges of the squares with the egg wash and fold two corners diagonally. Place danish on baking sheet and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Before baking, brush the top of each danish with eggwash. Bake in a 350 degrees preheated oven for about half an hour or until puffed and golden brown.