I know what you’re thinking – cranberry sauce with molasses?! Don’t knock it before you try it, lol. After all, molasses is used for basting meat anyhow, so I thought, why not? Furthermore, I was out of barbecue sauce and wanted something to glaze my wings with. I mixed a concoction of cranberry sauce, molasses and brown sugar; go easy on the molasses, because the stuff could be overpowering. Depending on the amount of wings you’re preparing, here’s what you will need:
- 2 lbs wings (sectioned)
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 1 tsp unsulfured molasses
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Season wings with salt, black pepper and onion powder.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Baste wings, then throw off excess fat.
- Blend the ingredients for glaze in a bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Brush glaze on wings and allow to bake for an additional 15 – 20 minutes.
Hope you enjoy!!