The outcome of this hassle-free cake was not what I had initially planned. I started out making a cobbler, but I ended up with this instead. Some of the best inventions came about by accident.
- 2½ - 3 cups flour
- 2 bananas (sliced)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup canola oil or 1 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl, add remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add milk and oil, beat until smooth.
- Pour batter in a large greased baking pan.
- Place banana slices on top of batter.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes (or perform the toothpick test).