Thursday 16 February 2012

Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken
























While my hubby dropped the kids off to school, I decided to prepare lunch early. On the menu today – oven roasted barbecue chicken (leg quarters), with baked macaroni and cheese  (see recipe here) . With my meat pre-seasoned the night before, I began my cooking at 8 am and by 10 am I was done. This left me with approximately 5½ hours to goof off, watch a romance flick and even take a nap before my family arrived home to disrupt my tranquility, lol!!

Procedure:
In an oven heated to 350 degrees I baked six (6) chicken leg quarters for about 1½ hours. (My oven is not as fast as it used to be, so it may take you less time). In the final 15 minutes of baking, I slathered the chicken with my semi-homemade barbecue sauce. Turn oven off, cover chicken and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.

Sauce:
  • 2 cups bbq sauce
  • 2 tbsp yellow mustard
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tsp onion powder 
Mix all ingredients for sauce in a bowl and heat in microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute.




7 comments:

  1. Chicken looks great, beautiful glaze. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks perfect!! adding mustard and brown sugar makes this double yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! Looks delicious! My hubby would looove this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby is a huge BBQ fan so I made this today and it was amazing!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you guys like it!! Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete